When to Create a Route Block:
Route blocks allow you to remove a carrier from a specific destination without having to remove that carrier completely from your profile. Route Blocks allow immediate relief to any issues being experienced. Once a route block is saved the call attempt will no longer try the blocked carrier(s).
How to Create a Route Block:
Under the Outbound - Route Blocks tab you have two options for Blocking, North America (1+) and International.
How to Create a North American Block:
1. Once you have selected the North American sub-tab you will see a blue button in the top right corner for Add New. Click to add a new block.
2. The next screen allows you to select what type of block you want to add:
After making your block type selection click Next.
3. If you do not have the LRN details on hand you can always search the dialed digits in the "Look up LERG information by phone number" section.
You will enter the LRN details into the Enter the route block settings section and then click Next.
You can also add an expiration date OR a NOTE to the block.
4. Select your Routing Profile for the block to be added to. You also have the option to search for your profile by name or ID to the right of the profile list.
Once your profile is selected, choose the carrier(s) you wish to block. Save.
5. Your Route Block has now been successfully saved! You can now select one of the following options or simply click I'm done.
How to Create an International Route Block:
1. Once you have selected the International sub-tab you will see a blue button in the top right corner for Add New. Click to add a new block.
2. The next screen allows you to select which country to block. You can select multiple countries to block, or use the Select All option to select ALL countries and then uncheck any you do not wish to block.
3. Set the expiration date and any internal Note, then click Next.
4. Select the Routing Profile you wish to add the block to. You can also use the search feature to locate the profile by Name or ID if you do not wish to look through the list.
Once a profile is selected, you will choose which carrier(s) to block at the bottom of the screen, then Save.
5. Now that your International block has been saved, you will select one of the following options or simply select I'm done.